100 Year ANNIVERSARY OF HISATSU LINE

Kagoshima line
June 10, 1901 (Meiji 34)
Opening to traffic between Kagoshima and Kokubu (now called Hayato). Newly established: Kagoshima Station, Shigetomi Station, Kajiki Station, Kokubu Station (the original name)
January 15, 1903 (Meiji 36)
Opening to traffic between Kokubu (Hayato) and Yokogawa (Osumi Yokogawa)
Newly established: Kareigawa Station, Yokogawa Station
September 5, 1903 (Meiji 36)
Opening to traffic between Yokogawa (Osumi Yokogawa) and Yoshimatsu ※ The opening of business Kagoshima Line, between Kagoshima and Yoshimatsu, Newly established: Kurino Station, Yoshimatsu Station

Kyushu Line, Kagoshima Main line
June 1, 1908 (Meiji 41)
Opening to traffic between Yatsushiro and Hitoyoshi (River line)
※ The opening of business between Kyushu Line Moji (Mojiko) to Yatsushiro and Hitoyoshi Newly established: Sakamoto Station, Shiroishi Station, Isshochi Station, Watari Station, Hitoyoshi Station
November 21, 1909 (Meiji 42)
Opening to traffic (the mountain line) between Hitoyoshi and Yoshimatsu
※The whole line between Moji (Mojiko) to Hitoyoshi and Kagoshima was inaugurated and is renamed "Kagoshima Main Line". It is in this way a Japanese railway running through the mainland (Aomori to Kagoshima) in those days. Newly established: Yatake Station, Okoba Station
June 25, 1910 (Meiji 43)
Newly established: Setoishi Station, Naraguchi Station
March 11, 1911 (Meiji 44)
Newly established: Masaki Station
September 11, 1916 (Taisho 5)
Newly established: Omote Hyoukiyama Train traffic light
September 1, 1920 (Taisho 9)
Yokogawa Station is renamed Osumi-Yokogawa Station.

Hisatsu Line
October 17, 1927 (Showa 2)
The whole line between Yatsushiro Sendai and Kagoshima was inaugurated. "Kagoshima Main Line" between Mojiko and Kagoshima (shoreline) was renamed.
Separated from Kagoshima Main Line from Yatsushiro and Kokubu (Hayato) and renamed "Hisatsu Line".
September 1, 1929 (Showa 4)
Kokubu Station is renamed Nishikokubu station.
September 15, 1930 (Showa 5)
Nishikokubu Station is renamed Hayato Station.
April 1, 1931 (Showa 6)
Newly established: Dan Station
December 21, 1942 (Showa 17)
Newly established: temporary Platform Hagi and Osakama
August 22, 1945 (Showa 20)
A train crash accident happened in the second Yamagami mountain tunnel between Yoshimatsu and Masaki. More than 50 people lost their lives.
June 1, 1952 (Showa 27)
Newly established: Kamase Station, Kaiji Station, Yoshio Station, Nishi Hitoyoshi Station
July 5, 1957 (Showa 32)
Newly established: Uemura Station
October 1, 1958 (Showa33)
Newly established: Hinatayama Station
April 1, 1959 (Showa 34)
Semi-express "Kumagawa" began between Mojiko and Hitoyoshi
May 1, 1959 (Showa 34)
Semi-express "Ebino" began between Kumamoto and Miyazaki
January 15, 1962 (Showa 37)
Makizono Station renamed Kirishima Nishiguchi Station.
November 1, 1964 (Showa 40)
Semi express "Yatake" began.
March 5, 1965 (Showa 41)
Semi express "Kumagawa" became express.
March 15, 1972 (Showa 47)
DD51 began between Hitoyoshi and Yoshimatsu.
April 4, 1972 (Showa 47)
Last run of the D51 double-header between Hitoyoshi and Yoshimatsu.
March 28, 1973 (Showa 48)
Commercial operation began (complete smokelessness) by five DD51 types between Hitoyoshi and Yatsushiro.
April 25, 1974 (Showa 49)
Limited express "Ooyodo" began between Hakata and Miyazaki.
April 1, 1987 (Showa 62)
Kyushu Railway Company was founded.
March 13, 1988 (Showa 63)
Osakama Station was renamed Kyusendo Station.
March 16, 1996 (Heisei 8)
Tourist train "Isaburo Shinpei -Go" began.
March 15, 2003 (Heisei 15)
Kirishima Nishiguchi station was renamed Kirishima Onsen Station.
March 13, 2004 (Heisei 16)
Opening of business of Kyushu Shinkansen Kagoshima route (ShinYatsushiro to Kagoshima Chuo.)
A tourist train limited express "Hayato no Kaze" (Between Kagoshima chuo and Yoshimatsu)
August 21, 2005 (Heisei 17)
"SL Hitoyoshi" last run of the season.
October 2, 2005 (Heisei 17)
A tourist train began "Kyusennbou-Go" between Kumamoto to Hitoyoshi.
April 25, 2009 (Heisei 21)
"SL Hitoyoshi" began between Kumamoto and Hitoyoshi.
November 21, 2009 (Heisei 21)
100 year anniversary of Hisatsu Line opening.